Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Status Update

So, no adventures in Kreuzberg to report.  By the time I got back to the apartment on Friday, everybody had already left, without leaving me a note or anythng.  I didn't see or hear from them until 5 or so on Sunday; they said they hadn't thought I was coming with them.  Oh wells…needless to say, I had a rather boring and lonely weekend.  But!  Monica finishes exams on Friday (7-hour exams, isn't that terrible?!), so we're going to celebrate this weekend, and they definitely know that I want to come with!


We have a new roommate.  She's Russian, 50 years old, and speaks no English and very little German.  It's a slightly unfortunate situation, to say the least.  I'm not really sure what's going to happen with that, but hopefully she'll learn German fast!  Or move out soon.  


This week, the weather is what I was expecting originally: high 60s/low 70s, chilly at night, and occasionally quite windy.  Today it's beautiful and sunny without being too warm, which is awesome.  Here's hoping it lasts!


Class seems to be in a general upward swing, though that is probably due in part to me getting used to being clueless and/or wrong.  Still, I feel like I'm making progress, though I'm really glad I have 2 months here and not just the 1 I had originally planned.  I may actually be mildly competent by the end!


I'm currently in a different glamorous McDonald's; this one is near Alexanderplatz, in Mitte. I came out here to look at the Birkenstock store, which sadly did not have the style I wanted in the size I need.  I shall continue my search though!  I'm meeting Geoffrey for dinner tonight; he lives near Nollendorfplatz (U-bahn station) so we'll meet there and then take the train to Kreuzberg and eat in a Mediterranean restaurant there!  I'll take lots of pictures, never fear.


Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment